Lingerie as Outerwear: Venturing Out


The hills are alive with the sound of shutters clicking. Well, that’s how the song would go, if Julie Andrews had been spinning around on a grassy knoll near me this past week. I swear, every where I looked, there were people out and about with their cameras! But who could blame them? Spring is here and everything is so beautiful! Which is why I decided that my little mini break would happen right here, in my own backyard! Yup, I’m heading into the little village near my house to explore and look around with the eyes of a tourist! (and the wallet of a pauper)

I’ve always wanted to learn how to use my little retro Nikon camera, however, I have little to no time now-a-days, so I found something that could help me cheat a wee bit and still look cool. Oh, and speaking of looking cool, half the appeal of photography is the opportunity to dress all casual,
stretchy knit and free! I’m not going to tell you how I’ll be cheating at SLR photography ‘till the end, so stick with me folks, it’s going to be a fascinating ride.


Now that spring is here, I’m all about wearing things that help me get out the door
that much faster. Things that can pull double duty of form and function and adapt to most of the situations I find myself in. So, I began this outfit with these nifty
Lytess capris. They’re comfortable, stylish and if they help me loose weight and cure this orange peel skin of mine, so much the better.

It would be pretty silly to wear cozy leggings and then put on a stiff formal, anything. So, naturally, I reach for a nice stretchy slip that can double as a tunic or a dress. Pretty crafty right? This Naked Princess chemise is all comfort with twice the sex appeal when it comes to the delicate lace bust inset. There are modesty panels backing the bust, so you can rest assured that you’re safe and sound when you’re bending and twisting to get the perfect angle on that shot.

Now, in between pictures, don’t forget to pop your sunglasses back on to avoid sun damage. These Linda Farrow glasses will help you stand out from the crowd of clones, all wearing the same over-sized, face-obscuring styles, while you have these wicked gold, round framed sunnies on. Trust me, it’s good to be an individual!

If you find you need to take a break from artifying yourself and filling your camera with a million shots of that super cool, steampunk-esque piece of random mitten stiffened into the exact profile of Drew Barrymore’s mother, simply pop your sneaky camera into the handy dandy, leather camera bag along with any other cool treasures you happen to find on your rambles.

Your hair is barricaded from the wind by a slouchy beret to reveal your unique little
gold piggy ear studs. I can’t really explain the piggies, they just spoke to me. I’m gonna say that the rings just followed me home and can I keep them please? Think it’ll work?


Tory Burch’s statement necklace is too pretty to hide, so make sure you leave that fabulous
cardigan open. Alright, we’re near the end now, so I suppose I can tell you my sneaky little photog secret. The funky vintage camera is actually a pretty neat little
iPhone case that actually allows you to take pictures! Pretty awesome right? I know! All in all, you’re now outfitted for a seriously awesome day, capering about and enjoying the balmy weather and sunshine. Enjoy!

1. Naked Princess Lovely Ever After Cashmere & Lace Chemise: The cashmere/micro modal blend is so soft and stretchy you may just find yourself dancing and singing the opening number to The Sound of Music with Julie Andrews. Just remember to blame it on Spring Fever should anyone give you strange looks. Don’t forget you’re wearing boots though, so keep those pirouettes to a minimum.

2. Linda Farrow Gold Frame Sunglasses: A girl can never have too many pairs of sunglasses and it’s always good to have options. Unless you’re hiding from the paparazzi, why not take a chance and show your face in this minimalist style? You’ll be happy you did years from now when you still have no crows feet, yet can be identified in pictures.

3. Esmeralda Cardigan | Women's Open Knit Odelya Cardigan: This cardigan has a lot going on. For example, the hemline is made to dangle in front, elongating your silhouette. That over-sized safety pin closure is just the perfect mix of punk with an otherwise safe wardrobe staple. It’s totally cozy and balances the exposure of the chemise with the snug coverage of it’s long sleeves and full back.

4. Tory Burch Resin Circle Statement Necklace: I love the way the colors dance and swirl in this necklace. It pairs up beautifully with the soft tones of the chemise and the shaded cardigan. Tory
Burch blends colors and gold so perfectly, it was difficult to narrow down my choice.


5. Fucci House Tiny Gold Pig Studs: It could be because I’ve gone Muppets crazy or maybe I just like swine, but these little piggies are so cute I couldn’t resist adding them in. Don’t tell Miss Piggy, she’s always scared me a little bit.

6. Gizmon iCA iPhone System: This fake-out camera actually comes with two phony lenses, so you can play the part to the max! I love that the shutter button on top is placed so that it actually takes pictures with your phone. Brilliant!

7. Lytess Slimming Capri: Lytess rocks. The shapewear is comfy, there are cosmetic advantages and the potential for weightloss! Seriously cool clothing. I was wearing it as an extra layer in the winter and now I’m happy to keep wearing it in the warmer weather too!

8. Kimberly McDonald 18K rose gold and diamond geode ring: Just a little bit of luxury to celebrate the changing seasons. That’s my justification and I’m sticking to it. Don’t judge me, it’s such a pretty ring!

9. Black Cashmere Purl Stitch Beret: Have you noticed I have a thing for hats yet? Don’t worry, I’m not going to go all Princess Beatrice on you or anything. We’ll keep them wearable and avoid anything that will get you taken down by homeland security as a potential alien life form.

10. Brown Leather Camera Bag: Isn’t it awesome? I would happily tote all of my myriad necessities around in this little bag! Don’t ask me why I have a hockey puck, tourniquet and package of cookies, just be grateful they all fit in the bag!

11. Yves Saint Laurent Arty gold-plated glass ring: This ring has some serious heft to it and we could probably pretend that it’s all part of your Spring exercise tune up. Just remember that when you’re counting your reps, as you lift that massive Starbucks, you’ll need to switch arms every
so often. We don’t want you looking like Popeye, now do we?


12. Frye Phillip Harness Tall: Tall boots with a harness and slightly distressed leather. Where have you been all my life? Go trekking through the mud or Urban muck in these beauties and add that
extra edge to another wise rather dainty little outfit.


So get yourself outside this weekend and enjoy the Spring, but don’t forget to bring your lingerie along for the ride.

Cheers,
Maggie (Blog Contributor for Bella Bella Boutique)

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and RSS.
Shop with us at BellaBellaBoutique.com

Comments